Happy 4th of July! Every year, our thoughts turn from fixing and installing residential HVAC units to one of our favorite things: Grilling. With the 4th of July just ahead, we wanted to share a simple meat marinade we’ve used that will make any steak, chicken, or pork taste incredible. Trust us… if you use this, your guests will be on their knees begging you to tell them your secret.
- Any kind of steak (We like flank, but rib eye will also work)
- 1 gallon ziploc bag
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- dash of minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon course Kosher or sea salt
- Whisk all ingredients an a bowl
- Pour mixed ingredients into ziploc bag
- Place meat into bag and zip while removing air
- Squish the marinade all around the meat and refrigerate for 8 hours
- Remove meat from refrigerator two hours prior to cooking so it warms to room temperature
Grill steak 6-10 minutes per side (or as you normally like to cook it) and remove from heat and wrap in aluminum foil to rest for 20 minutes. Then, get ready for the applause.
Above all, have a safe and happy 4th of July.